UST Freshmen Week 2018


|Personal & Events|



            Stepping up in college is a nerve-wracking point in someone’s life and I am one of those few who haven’t had a single clue how my first days in college were gonna go through but with UST’s multifarious persona my nerves were put to a silence. The University of Santo Tomas made it a tradition to welcome their Freshmen batches with a bang and this bang is brought to us in a week, and they call this Freshmen Week. For this year, I am one of them that was celebrated together with my co-freshies from all departments and from all colleges.






            According to the article that was released by The Varsitarian, the university welcomed 16, 827 freshmen students for the Academic Year 2018-2019 and yours truly being one of them – our batch being the pioneer batch because we are the 1st ones to enter college that finished the experiment that is called “K to 12”.







            The festivities started on the 1st of August, to start the new year right for the new students a mass was help the university’s church which was not mandatory for us to attend but we are encourage to. And because of our block being the most noisy ones according to the majority of the freshmen batch for my program, they wanted that some of us meet early on during the mass rather than what was planned in the late afternoon. Oh, and if ever you are wondering what my program is. I am taking up Bachelor of Arts in Journalism at the Faculty of Arts & Letters in UST. So some of us met early on and this group of people really became the ones that clicked with me and eventually hailed to be my tropa in our section.


            In the late afternoon of the same date, a general assembly for the new set journalism freshies was commenced headed by the UST Journalism Society, which is basically the head council of the Journalism program. Here the leaders met with us and actually let us introduce each other in front of the 3 sections that formed this year’s freshmen journalism students which was a body of over 400 students.







            Skipping to the August 3rd, this was a day that the whole freshmen batch anticipates because on this day the ROARientation was to be held at the Quadricentennial Pavilion (QPav). Two batches were formed for the ROARientation and we were scheduled for the afternoon session which was a good thing because I still get to sleep in more. I do apologize because I would not get to really share to you what went on with the ROARientation but we did a great job on chanting the ever so famous chant “Go USTe!”









            Monday came, the 6th of August, the day that will make a big mark on every freshman that shall walk the halls of UST. The Freshmen Walk is amidst us, the Freshmen Walk is a proud tradition that UST upholds to, this walk signifies the entrance of a new frontier that shall be challenged and enhanced by the power of the Royal and Pontifical University. Freshmen students shall enter through the Arc of the Century, according to myth you can only enter the Arc once and exit it once you are graduated, fail to comply to this tradition or so called myth means that you bound to debarment, but that’s a myth but hey myths do have it’s roots so we might as follow rather than taking that horrendous risk of debarment.




            On this day, in the evening the Welcome Party happened, and their special guest performers were no other than Ben&Ben. The Welcome Party is sort of a mini concert especially celebrated just for the freshmen batch but of course all are welcome. My god was it a night to remember. For me I will surely remember that night because 1st, it is my first time seeing Ben&Ben and watching them perform I mean their music really connects with my core plus 2nd this was the first night that I drank alcohol and liked it – I had 3 bottles. The drinking session with some new friends happened before we watched Ben&Ben performed so I was really hyper during the concert. And WOW! Was it a night to remember, I even got chills run through just by remembering that day…


     


  More things happened before, during, and after those big events that I just told you about but they are for me and my colleagues to keep and reminisce. And I can say with this, that this just proved me that student life here in UST will not bore me to dust because I know that they too prioritize the student’s life and not just his academic life and that’s one thing I adore with UST. Okay, you can call this an advertisement for you guys to enroll in UST but you reading this, if you want to experience the college life, why not experience it with me and this institution that I know will deliver those standards and break them for sure.


            I hope you guys enjoy reading about my Freshmen Week, I apologize for not posting as much because I really got caught up with work load and everything new with my life so yeah please bear with me. If you like this post or just wanna share something about you and your college life, comment it down below. See you again soon!






Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment